There will be no simultaneous events in this year’s Kadayawan, a festival official said.
Festival Director Renato “Gatchi” Gatchalian said they will no longer hold simultaneous events in a day so that spectators will not be divided among the events.
In previous celebrations, two are three major activities were held on the same time.
Officials are still fine-tuning the schedule of the upcoming events so they have yet to make any announcement.
This year’s festival is set on August 10 to 20. The two major events – the Indak Indak sa Kadayawan and the Pamulak sa Kadayawan – are expected to be held on Aug. 18, Saturday, and Aug. 19, Sunday, respectively.
Among other planned activities include Subang Sinugdanan, a reenactment of the market along the shore among Lumads and Muslim where spectators may also experience being customers in the market; Pananam, the showcase of different delicacies of the 11 tribes, and the Dula Kadayawan, the tribal sports.
Furthermore, the organizers are also pushing for the Pamulak Experiential Ride that will allow tourists for a first-hand experience of a float ride.
Gatchalian said the long weekend is also a good selling point for visitors. August 21 is a national holiday, being the Ninoy Aquino Day.
Gatchalian also said more partners are expected to participate in this year’s festival, aside from the previous sponsors who already signified to continue helping this year.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence