A motorcycle rider was killed in a collision with a police patrol car in Mabini, Compostela Valley, Thursday afternoon.
The police officer driving the patrol vehicle is now under restricted at the Mabini Police Station as settlement is now on-going.
Chief Insp, Milgrace Driz, spokesperson of the Police Regional Office (PRO) XI, identified the officer as PO1 Mark Anthony Varron Pableo, 30, single.
The victim was identified as Leonardo Eliguer, 38.
In a report given by Driz, Eliguer was driving a blue white Motorstar Zest X110N, traversing from Mati City, Davao Oriental heading towards the direction of Davao City.
On the opposite side was the white Toyota Hilux police patrol vehicle with body number 134, driven by Pableo. Coming from Barangay Cadunan in Mabini, the police vehicle was heading towards Mati City.
On board the police vehicle were Chief Insp. Lino Akiangan Jr., PO1 Alvenar Ventura and PO1 Louie C Bacunlay, all PNP members of the Mobile Force Company of the Davao Oriental Police Provincial Office (DOPPO).
Upon reaching Purok 7, Lapinigan of Barangay Cadunan at 4:15 p.m., the motorcycle and the patrol car collided.
The point of impact was at the inner lane portion of the road going to Davao City.
Eliguer fell down on the road, causing severe injuries. He was then rushed to Davao Regional Medical Center in Tagum City, Davao del Norte for medical treatment. However, he was declared dead on arrival by the attending physician.
Driz said Pableo is now in the custody of Mabini Municipal Police Station. Both vehicles are also at the station.
Driz said the police officer and the family of the victim are negotiating for a settlement.
“The both parties will execute affidavit of undertakings and affirmation by the families of the victim,” Driz said.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021