Two alleged drug pushers were arrested by the agents of Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) XI in a buy-bust operation in Sto. Nino, Barangay Central, Mati City, Davao Oriental around 9 p.m., Thursday.
PDEA XI Director Antonio Rivera identified the suspects as Alden Halipa, 30, resident of Barangay Central, and Bakar Pablo, 30, resident of Barangay Dahican in the same city.
Rivera said the two were apprehended for selling P500-worth of shabu to an undercover agent.
Authorities also seized around six grams of shabu worth P72,000 and assorted drug paraphernalia.
The operation was conducted by the Davao Oriental Philippine Drug Enforcement Office led by agent Eleazar Arapoc, Mati City Police Station led by Supt. Adolfo Eyan, Davao Oriental Police Provincial Office-Provincial Drug Enforcement Unit led by Chief Insp Bembo Aying and Regional Drug Enforcement Unit led by Chief Insp Ernesto Gregory.
Rivera said the two were placed under surveillance long before until they were arrested during the buy-bust operation.
The suspects are now detained at PDEA detention facility pending the filing of appropriate case for violation of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence