Two alleged drug pushers were arrested by the agents of Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) XI in a buy-bust operation in Sto. Nino, Barangay Central, Mati City, Davao Oriental around 9 p.m., Thursday.
PDEA XI Director Antonio Rivera identified the suspects as Alden Halipa, 30, resident of Barangay Central, and Bakar Pablo, 30, resident of Barangay Dahican in the same city.
Rivera said the two were apprehended for selling P500-worth of shabu to an undercover agent.
Authorities also seized around six grams of shabu worth P72,000 and assorted drug paraphernalia.
The operation was conducted by the Davao Oriental Philippine Drug Enforcement Office led by agent Eleazar Arapoc, Mati City Police Station led by Supt. Adolfo Eyan, Davao Oriental Police Provincial Office-Provincial Drug Enforcement Unit led by Chief Insp Bembo Aying and Regional Drug Enforcement Unit led by Chief Insp Ernesto Gregory.
Rivera said the two were placed under surveillance long before until they were arrested during the buy-bust operation.
The suspects are now detained at PDEA detention facility pending the filing of appropriate case for violation of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021