The Davao City Police Office (DCPO) is hopeful that they will grab the top spot again as the best city police office in the whole country.
City police director Sr. Supt. Alexander Tagum in an interview with reporters yesterday, said that one team from Camp Crame were here on July 12 to validate the DCPO for the selection of the best of the best for the 117th PNP anniversary.
“For now, they are choosing among the three, one from Luzon (Angeles City), and in Mindanao (Iligan City Police Office), and for now the DCPO is competing to prove that we are worthy because it was considered as the best city police office for January 2017 to April 2018,” Tagum said.
But Tagum said being recognized in the shortlist is already an honor.
“Although we might not be the best but we are doing the very best,” he said.
The DCPO Civil Disturbance Management (CDM) team presented to the validating team on how they respond to protest rallies and demolitions.
The validating team also visited some of the 12 police precincts in the city to observe and assess their performance.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021