After years of lagging behind in development projects from the National Capital Region, Mindanao will get a fair share of the infrastructure development project from the administration’s flagship Build, Build, Build program.
Among these projects are the development of airports, seaports, interconnected roads, irrigation projects, corridors expansion, and the Mindanao railway system.
Some of the projects have already commenced its preliminary stages and are expected to be completed by 2022.
“That’s what we are coming from in the Mindanao Development Authority (MinDA) in terms of making sure that the targets set forth under this administration in terms of the infrastructure projects, the Build, Build, Build, the ones that are identified that are from Mindanao are going to proceed on stream,” Asec. Romeo Montenegro, deputy executive director of MinDA, explained.
However, he said that many of the projects will transcend President Duterte’s administration because of their sheer scope.
He said the MinDA is making sure Mindanao will be able to get the appropriate budget for the identified projects.
The mushrooming of private infrastructure such as hotels and malls are an indication that Mindanao is progressing.
MinDA also expressed that it is currently extending efforts so that not only mainland Mindanao, but also the island areas, particularly in the Bangsamoro region, will be provided with development projects.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence