The Tribal will be modified for Kadayawan 2018 as it has gained appreciation from the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA).
The NCCA expressed its appreciation to the tribal village during the Kadayawan 2017.
With that, the City Tourism Office aims to intensify the promotion of the tribal village especially that it is the first documented attraction showcasing the six Muslim and five Lumad tribes’ houses.
The City Tourism Office said the NCCA will partner with them in the development of the village for Kadayawan.
With this plans, they also plan on developing the Magsaysay Park to also showcase it as an added attraction aside from the tribal village.
City tourism officer Ms. Regina Rosa D. Tecson stated that the amphitheater in the park will be renovated to cater to more local performers and artists. The eateries inside the park will also be transferred elsewhere.
The Tribal village aims to showcase that Davao City is a hub for culture and peace.
The showcasing of the tribal village is only among the many events of Kadayawan 2018, which is expected to be bigger than the previous celebrations.
Meanwhile, the 30 tourism establishments in Marilog were ordered to put in place mitigating measures against landslides and other natural disasters.
The local government created a task force under the City Tourism Code, which will inspect the resorts in Marilog, especially if they are located within danger zones.
Apparently, some of the establishments are still operating despite the closure order.
Councilor Al Ryan Alejandre said that on the tourism side, they consider Marilog as “jewel of Davao City.”
But he said that development should not be arbitrary without taking into consideration the responsibility of these establishments as stewards of the environment, as well as ensuring the security of their visitors.
- Duterte limits use of face shields to ‘closed, crowded’ areas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- World Vision launches this year’s #GirlsCan movement to empower and support Filipino girls
- ALS Unit formed
- ROUGH CUTS | Longing for sustainable change?
- OFFICIAL | Digital vax certificates needed vs bogus cards
- Quiboloy threatens to run for president if…
- SEC launches 1-day online firm registration
- Davao Light acquires Safety Seal Certification
- Celebrate chocolate with SM Snack Exchange