City and national transportation agencies will soon be sharing information on flagged and apprehended vehicles.
The city government is expected to sign a memorandum of agreement with the Land Transportation Office (LTO) on database sharing program.
Yesterday, the city council approved on second reading the ordinance authorizing Mayor Sara Duterte to sign the MOA on behalf of the city.
Under the MOA, the City Transport and Traffic Management Office (CTTMO) will receive direct access to the LTO’s files while also being able to upload their own information for the LTO to see.
The city government will receive access to the LTO’s apprehension database called the Local Government Unit Integrated Law Enforcement System (LGU-ILES).
The city will also have to invest in its own traffic violation database infrastructure.
This will allow both agencies to be informed on the existing violations of each motor vehicle, especially during the renewal period every year for motorists.
The shared access to the no-contact apprehension database would allow both agencies and deputized units to easily flag vehicles that have existing violations.
Deputized units include the Philippine National Police’s Highway Patrol Group (PNP-HPG).
LTO Regional Director Gomer Dy, in an interview, said that this would improve the information on flagged vehicles.
These include vehicles whose violations were caught on CCTVs, such as not stopping properly on pedestrian lanes, as well as beating the red light.
The violations are usually flagged during renewal period, when a motorist applies annually for the vehicle’s registration.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- STATEMENT OF THE UNION OF PEOLES’ LAWYERS IN MINDANAO (UPLM)
- TAOSUG IN DOHA | Narrative clips on the 2013 Zamboanga Siege
- ROUGH CUTS | Stop calling probe invitees ‘resource persons’
- DOF | PH’s strong financial standing confirms DOF’s fiscal policies
- DTI-DavOr banners the youth in biz pitching tilt
- PSSCC deploys more staff to vaxx sites, swabbing centers
- InLife Good In Life Video and Photo Competition highlights inspiring Filipino values
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – SEPTEMBER 16, 2021
- Duterte transfers Philippine Crop Insurance Corp. to DOF