A rape case was already filed against a tricycle driver who reportedly molested a 14-year-old girl at a grassy portion of Sun City at past 7 p.m. on July 2.
In an interview with reporters at the Buhangin Police Precinct , PO1 Jonnalyn Plana, the investigator of Women and Children’s Protection Desk (WCPD), identified the suspect as Darrel Vallente.
The suspect claimed that he had a relationship with the minor.
But Plana dismissed the claim of the suspect.
“They don’t even know each other,” she said. “The respondent is a tricycle driver who was hired by the victim to bring her home.”
Instead, the suspect drove to the dimly lit area where he allegedly raped her.
In an interview with ABS-CBN News, Vallente insisted the victim was his girlfriend.
“I wonder why she’s saying now that she doesn’t know me,” he added.
Based on the record of the Davao City Police Office, two rape cases were already recorded for the month of July.
- Duterte limits use of face shields to ‘closed, crowded’ areas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- World Vision launches this year’s #GirlsCan movement to empower and support Filipino girls
- ALS Unit formed
- ROUGH CUTS | Longing for sustainable change?
- OFFICIAL | Digital vax certificates needed vs bogus cards
- Quiboloy threatens to run for president if…
- SEC launches 1-day online firm registration
- Davao Light acquires Safety Seal Certification
- Celebrate chocolate with SM Snack Exchange