A rape case was already filed against a tricycle driver who reportedly molested a 14-year-old girl at a grassy portion of Sun City at past 7 p.m. on July 2.
In an interview with reporters at the Buhangin Police Precinct , PO1 Jonnalyn Plana, the investigator of Women and Children’s Protection Desk (WCPD), identified the suspect as Darrel Vallente.
The suspect claimed that he had a relationship with the minor.
But Plana dismissed the claim of the suspect.
“They don’t even know each other,” she said. “The respondent is a tricycle driver who was hired by the victim to bring her home.”
Instead, the suspect drove to the dimly lit area where he allegedly raped her.
In an interview with ABS-CBN News, Vallente insisted the victim was his girlfriend.
“I wonder why she’s saying now that she doesn’t know me,” he added.
Based on the record of the Davao City Police Office, two rape cases were already recorded for the month of July.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021