The Rotary Club of Waling-Waling said it will be calling for donors this Blood Donation Month.
The Rotary District 3860 Area 2 in partnership with the Davao Blood Center will conduct a bloodletting activity at Metro Davao Medical and Research Center (MDMRC) along J.P. Laurel Avenue on July 17, 2018.
Marilou M. Baarde, president of the Rotary Club of Waling-Waling, pointed out that bloodletting improves cardiovascular health, regenerates blood, reduces cardiovascular disease risks, lowers risks of cancer, and enhances the feeling of well-being.
This activity is spearheaded annually by the Rotary Club of Waling-Waling Davao and joined by different Area 2 rotary clubs.
Among the expected participants are troops from the Philippine National Police, Armed Forces of the Philippines, and Philippine Air Force, as they have also participated in the previous years.
Moreover, the Task Force Davao is also expected to be joining this year.
The sponsors of the event encourage those who are 18 years old and above and in good physical health participate to participate in the said activity.
They are encouraged to get enough sleep and take a lot of fluids prior to the bloodletting. Regular blood donors may donate after three months of their previous donation.
- Duterte limits use of face shields to ‘closed, crowded’ areas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- World Vision launches this year’s #GirlsCan movement to empower and support Filipino girls
- ALS Unit formed
- ROUGH CUTS | Longing for sustainable change?
- OFFICIAL | Digital vax certificates needed vs bogus cards
- Quiboloy threatens to run for president if…
- SEC launches 1-day online firm registration
- Davao Light acquires Safety Seal Certification
- Celebrate chocolate with SM Snack Exchange