Police are still untangling the mystery behind the killing of a Davao del Norte barangay councilor on Saturday morning.
Chief Insp Milgrace Driz, spokesperson of PRO XI identified the victim as Jeramil Andoyo Dinolan, 38, married, and barangay councilor of San Jose in Sto. Tomas town.
The victim was on his way home riding a motorcycle when unidentified assailant’s attacked him in Purok 3 of San Jose at 10:30 a.m. Friday.
He sustained a gunshot wound on his breast.
The victim was rushed to Metropolitan Polymedic Community Hospital (MPCH) in Barangay Tibal-og in Santo Tomas for immediate medical treatment. However, he was declared dead on arrival by the attending physician.
A manhunt operation is still being conducted by the police for the possible apprehension of the fleeing suspect/s.
The body of the victim now lies at Copreros funeral parlor in Feeder Road 3 of said town.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon