Police are still untangling the mystery behind the killing of a Davao del Norte barangay councilor on Saturday morning.
Chief Insp Milgrace Driz, spokesperson of PRO XI identified the victim as Jeramil Andoyo Dinolan, 38, married, and barangay councilor of San Jose in Sto. Tomas town.
The victim was on his way home riding a motorcycle when unidentified assailant’s attacked him in Purok 3 of San Jose at 10:30 a.m. Friday.
He sustained a gunshot wound on his breast.
The victim was rushed to Metropolitan Polymedic Community Hospital (MPCH) in Barangay Tibal-og in Santo Tomas for immediate medical treatment. However, he was declared dead on arrival by the attending physician.
A manhunt operation is still being conducted by the police for the possible apprehension of the fleeing suspect/s.
The body of the victim now lies at Copreros funeral parlor in Feeder Road 3 of said town.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WRITING DETOURS | Confessions of a Fortnite virgin
- ROUGH CUTS | Were they neophyte traffic law enforcers?
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher
- 858 affected workers apply for government financial aid
- PSC says yes to Tokyo Olympics budget from POC
- Go Negosyo, PCCI, OCTA Research join hands to push population protection
- DOLE-Davao hosts virtual job fair
- NPA rebel killed in Misamis clash
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Shot again