The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) 11 said only 262 students in Davao region were granted with scholarships under the Student Financial Assistance Program (StuFAP) for school year 2018.
The Commission made the announcement on its official Facebook page over the weekend.
According to the CHED, there were 3,800 students in the region who applied for the scholarship.
“Our Office has already notified the approved grantees/ scholars via texts and calls,” the CHED said.
Scholars and grantees were advised to visit the CHED office in Bo. Obrero to get their Notice of Award and orientation starting July 9.
The names of those who seek educational assistance have also been forwarded to each of the congressional districts, the CHED said.
“For other scholarship applicants, we have already forwarded their names to our congressional districts for further assistance,” the CHED said.
However, the agency said it would not post the results online as it was against the Data Privacy Act, or Republic Act 10173.
- Migs Dominguez is new Alsons Dev director
- This is it — #AngSignNaHanapMo to achieve your beauty goals
- JIB’s IChef Makes History as Mindanao’s First Halal-Certified Institution
- EGALITARIAN l Weak Peso to Our Advantage
- HONORING MY MOTHER l Cleaning as lifesaver (a Rewrite)
- ROUGH CUTS l Men are created equal?
- 2 cops nabbed for involvement in Gensan robbery; superiors relieved
- P2.448-M in shabu seized in Toril raid
- Residents urged vote for city in global contest
- Davaoeña is new head of TPB