The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) 11 said only 262 students in Davao region were granted with scholarships under the Student Financial Assistance Program (StuFAP) for school year 2018.
The Commission made the announcement on its official Facebook page over the weekend.
According to the CHED, there were 3,800 students in the region who applied for the scholarship.
“Our Office has already notified the approved grantees/ scholars via texts and calls,” the CHED said.
Scholars and grantees were advised to visit the CHED office in Bo. Obrero to get their Notice of Award and orientation starting July 9.
The names of those who seek educational assistance have also been forwarded to each of the congressional districts, the CHED said.
“For other scholarship applicants, we have already forwarded their names to our congressional districts for further assistance,” the CHED said.
However, the agency said it would not post the results online as it was against the Data Privacy Act, or Republic Act 10173.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories