A ranking regional officer of the New People’s Army (NPA) was arrested in a joint police-military operation in Hagonoy, Davao del Sur on Saturday afternoon.
Police Regional Office XI spokesperson Chief Insp. Milgrace Driz identified the suspect as Reynaldo Cole Saavedra alias Kumander Antoy, 22, of Pitu, Malalag, Davao del Sur. He is said to be the commanding officer of Guerilla Front 71of the NPA’s Southern Mindanao Regional Command.
Saavedra was arrested in Purok 2-A, Barangay Sinayawan at 1:15 p.m. Saturday after the authorities implemented the warrant of arrest for the crime of rebellion issued by the Regional Trial Court XI Branch 61Judge Carfelita Cardientes Flores, dated Nov. 28, 2017, in Digos City, Davao del Sur.
Joining in the raid were agents of the Regional Intelligence Division led by Supt. Leslie Ann Bejarin, the Regional Intelligence Unit led by Chief Insp. Gregorio Cuevas Jr., the 1104th Regional Force Mobile Battalion led by SPO3 James Rafniel Rago, the Intelligence Office led by Chief Insp. Kristoper Sabsal, the Intelligence Operatives of the Army’s 73rd Infantry Battalion and the Hagonoy Municipal Police Station led by Sr. Insp. Eli Asor.
The arrested NPA commanding officer is now under the custody of 73rd IB.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories