A ranking regional officer of the New People’s Army (NPA) was arrested in a joint police-military operation in Hagonoy, Davao del Sur on Saturday afternoon.
Police Regional Office XI spokesperson Chief Insp. Milgrace Driz identified the suspect as Reynaldo Cole Saavedra alias Kumander Antoy, 22, of Pitu, Malalag, Davao del Sur. He is said to be the commanding officer of Guerilla Front 71of the NPA’s Southern Mindanao Regional Command.
Saavedra was arrested in Purok 2-A, Barangay Sinayawan at 1:15 p.m. Saturday after the authorities implemented the warrant of arrest for the crime of rebellion issued by the Regional Trial Court XI Branch 61Judge Carfelita Cardientes Flores, dated Nov. 28, 2017, in Digos City, Davao del Sur.
Joining in the raid were agents of the Regional Intelligence Division led by Supt. Leslie Ann Bejarin, the Regional Intelligence Unit led by Chief Insp. Gregorio Cuevas Jr., the 1104th Regional Force Mobile Battalion led by SPO3 James Rafniel Rago, the Intelligence Office led by Chief Insp. Kristoper Sabsal, the Intelligence Operatives of the Army’s 73rd Infantry Battalion and the Hagonoy Municipal Police Station led by Sr. Insp. Eli Asor.
The arrested NPA commanding officer is now under the custody of 73rd IB.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission