Government troopers overran an encampment of the New People’s Army (NPA) in Tarragona Davao Oriental on Friday.
Capt. Jerry Lamosao, spokesperson of the Philippines Army’s 10th Infantry Division, said soldiers of the 2nd Scout Ranger Battalion (SRB), under the operational control of the 701st Brigade, were conducting operations in Langgawisan 1, Barangay Ompao when they encountered around 60 rebels at 9:35 a.m. Friday.
The gunfight between the troopers of the SRB’s 4th Scout Ranger Company and the rebels belonging to two units of the Pulang Bagani Command (6th and 8th) lasted for 45 minutes.
As the enemy fled towards different directions, the military overran the camp.
Lamosao said the NPA camp has eight improvised kitchens.
They recovered one M16 riffle (with serial number RA 1219830), one improvised explosive device, 100 meters electrical wire, three blasting caps, various batteries, medical supplies, one military backpack, three civilian backpacks and other personal belongings with subversive documents.
Lamosao said there was no casualty on the government forces. Bloods were found on the escape route of the rebels.
Major General Noel Clement, 10ID commander, commended the troopers accomplishment as he also thanked the people of Tarragona for their support in terms of information dissemination.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories