The City government is investigating the driver of a City Engineer’s Office (CEO) vehicle after a video of the driver went viral for blatantly parking and blocking other vehicles last week.
In a statement, the city government said it was already seeking the side of the alleged erring driver identified as Roberto Limboy, human resource head Erwin Alparaque said.
The driver was caught on footage uploaded by a citizen saying the CEO driver was blocking other vehicles as he parked in front of a restaurant.
Asked by the netizen why he was parked illegally, Limboy could be heard saying “Itanong mo kay kapitan.”
The incident raised many eyebrows online, as the vehicle was owned by the city government.
City Administrator Lawyer Zuleika Lopez said she has already issued a memorandum for the conduct of an investigation against Limboy, a job order employee.
She said the City Hall is observing zero tolerance on erring workers.
“I have already instructed the Human Resource and Management Office (HRMO) to conduct an investigation with regard to the issue and to pass a recommendation on the possible punishment that the driver will face,” Lopez said.
Lopez reminded city employees of all levels that they were representing the city government wherever they are.
“It is our responsibility to market what Davao can offer. I strongly encourage the employees to participate by exhibiting exemplary behavior in dealing with other people,” Lopez said.
“I want to hear the other side of the story. Limboy will explain himself first before we make any decision. There might be some misunderstanding that led to the fateful incident,” Alparaque said.
“It is a basic knowledge that a driver should park his vehicle properly, especially when he is a government driver. He, himself, should follow the law since his action will reflect the image of the city,” he added.
The driver could lose his job if he is found to be abusing his position, Alparaque said.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market