Two ranking military officers in the region will be saying goodbye to their post this month.
Two others will also be re-assigned by next month.
On Tuesday, Brig. Gen. Erwin Bernard Neri will bow out as the commanding officer of the Philippine Army’s 1001st Infantry Brigade.
His deputy commander, Col. Gilbert Saret, will temporarily assume the top post after a turnover ceremony at its headquarters in Barangay Mapaang, Maco, Compostela Valley.
Neri said he will be reassigned to the General Headquarters of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP). The re-assignment, he said, is a normal because he has already served as 1001st IB chief for almost two years.
Before becoming the 1001st IB commander, Neri served as the Task Force Davao commander until 2016. The TFD provides security in the city, particularly on its downtown area.
The 1001st IB covers the eight towns of Compostela Valley, four towns and one city of Davao del Norte and one municipality of Agusan del Sur.
Meanwhile, Lt. Col. Raymund Dante Lachica will also vacate his post as the commander of the Army’s 3rd Infantry Battalion on July 16.
Based in Barangay Malagos, Baguio District, the 3rd IB covers this city.
Lachica has also served as the battalion commander for almost two years.
He did not reveal his upcoming assignment.
His replacement is yet to be announced. But his executive officer will temporarily be replacing him.
In an interview, Maj. Gen. Noel Clement, commander of 10th Infantry Division, said that two battalion commanders will also be replaced by next month.
He said the commanders of the 16th IB and the 46th IB are also due to transfer.
The 16th IB is currently under Lt. Col. Darren Comia. The battalion covers Paquibato District and some upper barangays of Calinan District.
The 46th IB is under Lt. Col. Michael Licyayo. It is based in Pantukan, Compostela Valley.
Clement has yet to release the name of the replacements pending the deliberation.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- STATEMENT OF THE UNION OF PEOLES’ LAWYERS IN MINDANAO (UPLM)
- TAOSUG IN DOHA | Narrative clips on the 2013 Zamboanga Siege
- ROUGH CUTS | Stop calling probe invitees ‘resource persons’
- DOF | PH’s strong financial standing confirms DOF’s fiscal policies
- DTI-DavOr banners the youth in biz pitching tilt
- PSSCC deploys more staff to vaxx sites, swabbing centers
- InLife Good In Life Video and Photo Competition highlights inspiring Filipino values
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – SEPTEMBER 16, 2021
- Duterte transfers Philippine Crop Insurance Corp. to DOF