The provincial government of Compostela Valley is expected to start the setting up of a 5,000-square meter gold museum in the first quarter of next year, its official said.
Christine T. Dompor, senior tourism operations officer of Compostela Valley, said at the Kapehan sa Dabaw at SM City Davao-Annex that the gold museum is among the landmark projects of the province.
“It would be an iconic project of the province,” Dompor said.
The detailed engineering design, which was already completed, will be submitted to the Tourism Infrastructure and Enterprise Zone Authority, the agency that will help in the establishment of the project.
The facility, Dompor said, is aimed at highlighting the province’s mining and jewelry industries and would be established at Capitol Compound, Cabidianan, Nabunturan.
The Department of Tourism has also approved the project. “We hope to finish this (project) in three to four years,” Dompor said.
According to a briefer on the project, the provincial government said it would highlight “an interactive dramatization in diorama of the mineral’s formation, how it shaped the socio-cultural and economic character of the province and its people, the metal’s history from its discovery in the 1980s to its extraction and processing, and a presentation of the province’s green mining initiative.”
A tunnel would also be established in the museum to let the visitors have a mining experience.
The project was also endorsed by the Regional Development Council (RDC) XI.
“We are working on this to make it as an iconic landmark in the province,” Dompor said.
The provincial government, based on its document submitted to RDC XI, estimated that the project will cost P175 million. It will have exhibit areas, corridors, conference rooms, and jewelry shops. (KMF)
- Duterte limits use of face shields to ‘closed, crowded’ areas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- World Vision launches this year’s #GirlsCan movement to empower and support Filipino girls
- ALS Unit formed
- ROUGH CUTS | Longing for sustainable change?
- OFFICIAL | Digital vax certificates needed vs bogus cards
- Quiboloy threatens to run for president if…
- SEC launches 1-day online firm registration
- Davao Light acquires Safety Seal Certification
- Celebrate chocolate with SM Snack Exchange