Another robbery hold-up suspect was arrested by elements of the Sta. Ana Police Precinct at J.P. Laurel Avenue corner Jacinto Street around 10 p.m. on Sunday.
The Davao City Police Office said the suspect was identified as Rinnie Antonio Jimenez, 42, trisikad driver, and a resident of Washington, Purok 10, Barangay 39-D.
Initial investigation showed that at around 10 p.m. of June 3, John Neri Ingay Luayon, 19, student and a resident of Deca Homes subdivision in Tigatto, Buhangin District, was standing at the area while waiting for a jeepney.
Reportedly, the suspect approached him and pointed a kitchen knife on his waist. He turned over his Asus cellphone worth P10,000 to the suspect. But he gave chase afterwards while screaming for help.
The commotion got the attention of patrolling police officers who then arrested the suspect.
Apart from the cellphone, also recovered from the suspect were two plastic sachets allegedly containing shabu, along with the kitchen knife used in the crime.
He is now under the custody of the Sta. Ana Police Precinct while a case is being prepared against him.
The city recorded a surge of hold-up incidents in recent weeks, with knives as the primary weapon of threat.
A burger stall attendant was stabbed on the neck last month even after turning over the day’s income. She survived the attack while the robber was arrested.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- STATEMENT OF THE UNION OF PEOLES’ LAWYERS IN MINDANAO (UPLM)
- TAOSUG IN DOHA | Narrative clips on the 2013 Zamboanga Siege
- ROUGH CUTS | Stop calling probe invitees ‘resource persons’
- DOF | PH’s strong financial standing confirms DOF’s fiscal policies
- DTI-DavOr banners the youth in biz pitching tilt
- PSSCC deploys more staff to vaxx sites, swabbing centers
- InLife Good In Life Video and Photo Competition highlights inspiring Filipino values
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – SEPTEMBER 16, 2021
- Duterte transfers Philippine Crop Insurance Corp. to DOF