Residents in the Davao Region have been among the top contributors in nation-building as they become top buyers of retail treasury bonds (RTBs) since a decade ago, National Treasurer V. De Leon said.
“From RTB 11 to 20, Region XI has purchased more than P10 billion worth of RTBs, the fifth most purchased by a region during our selling period. We hope that this momentum would continue for this 21st RTB,” De Leon said during the roadshow of 21st tranche of RTBs at Seda Hotel last week.
The 11th tranche of RTBs was during the administration of then President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo while the 20th tranche was offered last year, the third in the administration of President Rodrigo R. Duterte.
To bolster funds especially for the government’s infrastructure projects, the national government is offering again RTBs, where the public can invest at a minimum of P5,000. The offering period started on May 30 and would end by Friday.
De Leon said the amount invested by those buying the bonds would fund the projects of the national government like the improvement of Davao International Airport, Mindanao Railway System and Davao bypass road. They hoped that the number of investors in the region will continue to increase, she said.
“Outside the National Capital Region, you have always been among the top regions with the biggest volumes generated, contributing an average of 10% of the total issue size in the last three issues,” De Leon said.
The 21st tranche has an interest rate of 4.875%. The bonds’ maturity rate will be after three years from the issue date.
De Leon said the banks, designated to accept RTB investors, should not refuse any investors. “Any investor should be accepted during the offer period,” she said.
Joy V. Supan, senior director of SB Capital Investment Corp., said the bonds are affordable with higher interest rate compared to time deposits. She said the investor can also choose to sell it in secondary markets.
Supan said it is now high time to invest now in RTBs. “It is our opportunity to take part in nation-building,” she said.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- STATEMENT OF THE UNION OF PEOLES’ LAWYERS IN MINDANAO (UPLM)
- TAOSUG IN DOHA | Narrative clips on the 2013 Zamboanga Siege
- ROUGH CUTS | Stop calling probe invitees ‘resource persons’
- DOF | PH’s strong financial standing confirms DOF’s fiscal policies
- DTI-DavOr banners the youth in biz pitching tilt
- PSSCC deploys more staff to vaxx sites, swabbing centers
- InLife Good In Life Video and Photo Competition highlights inspiring Filipino values
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – SEPTEMBER 16, 2021
- Duterte transfers Philippine Crop Insurance Corp. to DOF