One multicab, generator set, and electric steel cutter were torched by armed men who introduced themselves as members of the New People’s Army (NPA) in Barangay Ompao, Tarragona, Davao Oriental around 6 a.m. on Wednesday.
Chief Insp. Milgrace Driz, spokesperson of Police Regional Office (PRO) XI, said that the vehicle and equipment were owned by Adam’s Haven Mountain Resort owned by Engr. Ariel Carmina Mosquera.
Initial investigation conducted disclosed that more or less 26 men arrived at resort and looked for the owner.
They told the caretakers that the owner didn’t ask permission to build a resort in the area. “This is still our AOR (area of responsibility), you should give revolutionary tax because we are the government of the poor,” the caretakers quoted the men as saying.
The estimated cost of the damage reached P600,000.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?