One multicab, generator set, and electric steel cutter were torched by armed men who introduced themselves as members of the New People’s Army (NPA) in Barangay Ompao, Tarragona, Davao Oriental around 6 a.m. on Wednesday.
Chief Insp. Milgrace Driz, spokesperson of Police Regional Office (PRO) XI, said that the vehicle and equipment were owned by Adam’s Haven Mountain Resort owned by Engr. Ariel Carmina Mosquera.
Initial investigation conducted disclosed that more or less 26 men arrived at resort and looked for the owner.
They told the caretakers that the owner didn’t ask permission to build a resort in the area. “This is still our AOR (area of responsibility), you should give revolutionary tax because we are the government of the poor,” the caretakers quoted the men as saying.
The estimated cost of the damage reached P600,000.
- Man yields shabu at checkpoint
- Man nabbed for shabu
- ROUGH CUTS | Making success an election issue
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 2, 2021
- Concepcion receives lifetime achievement award
- NCCC reopens Lupon branch
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 1, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Laviña | Go’s withdrawal from race a `brave move’
- 150K vaccinees in 3 days eyed