One multicab, generator set, and electric steel cutter were torched by armed men who introduced themselves as members of the New People’s Army (NPA) in Barangay Ompao, Tarragona, Davao Oriental around 6 a.m. on Wednesday.
Chief Insp. Milgrace Driz, spokesperson of Police Regional Office (PRO) XI, said that the vehicle and equipment were owned by Adam’s Haven Mountain Resort owned by Engr. Ariel Carmina Mosquera.
Initial investigation conducted disclosed that more or less 26 men arrived at resort and looked for the owner.
They told the caretakers that the owner didn’t ask permission to build a resort in the area. “This is still our AOR (area of responsibility), you should give revolutionary tax because we are the government of the poor,” the caretakers quoted the men as saying.
The estimated cost of the damage reached P600,000.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories