The Police Regional Office (PRO) XI is securing all schools for the duration of the Department of Education’s Brigada Eskwela program.
Chief Insp. Milgrace Driz, spokesperson of Police Regional Office XI, said every police station has to implement initiatives and provide manpower to help clean up the public schools in their areas of responsibility.
The operation is dubbed “Ligtas Balik Eskwela,” which also involves a massive information drive to help students and parents avoid falling prey to criminals.
“The PRO XI is involved with the community to raise public safety awareness and security matters in order to strengthen the camaraderie and support among our stakeholders,” she said.
With this, Chief Supt. Manuel Gaerlan, the regional police director, has directed the PNP personnel to maintain vigilance to thwart criminals.
Driz said they deploy two police officers, along with the police auxiliary, to each public school. But they can deploy more depending on the security concern. “There will be personnel to assist and manage the traffic flow in major thoroughfares going to school, and assist pedestrians in passing across the highways,” she added.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat