The Police Regional Office (PRO) XI is securing all schools for the duration of the Department of Education’s Brigada Eskwela program.
Chief Insp. Milgrace Driz, spokesperson of Police Regional Office XI, said every police station has to implement initiatives and provide manpower to help clean up the public schools in their areas of responsibility.
The operation is dubbed “Ligtas Balik Eskwela,” which also involves a massive information drive to help students and parents avoid falling prey to criminals.
“The PRO XI is involved with the community to raise public safety awareness and security matters in order to strengthen the camaraderie and support among our stakeholders,” she said.
With this, Chief Supt. Manuel Gaerlan, the regional police director, has directed the PNP personnel to maintain vigilance to thwart criminals.
Driz said they deploy two police officers, along with the police auxiliary, to each public school. But they can deploy more depending on the security concern. “There will be personnel to assist and manage the traffic flow in major thoroughfares going to school, and assist pedestrians in passing across the highways,” she added.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories