The Davao City Police Office (DCPO) is investigating the series of robberies targeting service crew members in different areas of the city.
In an interview yesterday, Sr. Insp. Maria Teresita Gaspan, the DCPO spokesperson, said that they, too, are alarmed at the sudden surge of robbery incidents in recent weeks.
“For now, our investigation is still ongoing,” she said. “Most probably, they are not residents of the city.”
She said that each of the police station commanders was ordered to strengthen police visibility in their respective jurisdictions to thwart would-be criminals. Meanwhile, she said that they will also intensify their Oplan Kalinaw, which includes profiling and background checking of residents in known.
The Oplan Kalinaw allows the police to monitor the transients in the city.
“Most probably the suspects came from nearby provinces of the city,” she added. “We are still reviewing the closed-circuit television footage where the robbery incident in Calinan transpired. The suspects have the same modus in the Toril robbery incident.”
On May 27, around 7 p.m. a hold-up incident transpired at Small-Town Lottery outlet in Purok Acacia, Davao-Bukidnon road in Calinan Poblacion.
The victim was identified as Rose Ann Malot Sanorya, 24, a resident of Barangay Riverside, Calinan.
According to the report, the victim was inside the STL booth when two unidentified men arrived on board a black TMX motorcycle without a plate. The passenger alighted and threatened the victim with a gun. They carted away P1,700 and two mobile phones.
Meanwhile, on the same day around 9:05 p.m., another robbery incident transpired at Sto Cristo corner San Roque streets in Barangay Daliao, Toril District.
The victim was identified as Girlie Gia P. Carreon, 47, STL teller and resident of Sto. Cristo.
Investigation showed that around 8:35 p.m. the victim was making her report on the earnings for the day when a single man approached and pointed a gun at her. She turned over the income amounting to P4,780.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success