The Davao City Police Office (DCPO) cop who allegedly bashed Philippine National Police Director General Oscar Albayalade on social media has already been transferred to the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao.
Sr. Insp. Teresita Gaspan, DCPO spokesperson, did not divulge the identity of the relieved policeman. But she said that the cop was included in the nine cops who were summoned by Albayalde for bashing him on the Facebook “Buhay Lespu” page.
“The policeman was relieved from his post two weeks ago after we received a memorandum from the national office regarding his new assignment,” Gaspan said.
Based on the reports, Albayalde said the nine cops will be charged with conduct unbecoming of an officer with a maximum penalty of dismissal from service. He had said there’s a proper forum to address their grievances and not on social media where they criticize their superior and undermine the entire force.
The relieved policemen were identified through the help of the Directorate for Investigation and Detective Management and Directorate for Information and Communications Technology Management.
Albayalde was bashed online by the cops when he made the rounds in police stations at night and chanced upon police officers sleeping or drinking while on duty.
The cops cursed Albayalde for putting the erring policemen in a bad light and for shaming them before members of the media.
Meanwhile, Chief Insp. Milgrace Driz, spokesperson of the Police Regional office (PRO) 11, said that the directive of PNP chief is appropriate because his subordinates should learn to respect authority.
- Security forces support Baste leading RPOC XI
- Davao City jail opens mini-library
- Optimized security
- 3 arrested for drugs, unlicensed gun at checkpoint
- The New Channel: Always looking for the next highlighting its social advocacy, Global Women Who RULE 2023
- AirAsia Philippines records 95% increase in March bookings
- CDRRMO rates quake drill response at 8 or 9
- 174 PDLs test negative in random jail drug test
- UM founder to be honored by CPAs
- Classes canceled