It was a bad night for a robbery suspect who was caught in the act by the police as he jumped over the fence of a businessman’s house in Barangay Baliok, Talomo District on early Monday morning.
The suspect, Francis Martin Sarona Quiñal, was killed in a shootout during the manhunt as he tried to escape police arrest.
Chief Insp. Ronald Lao, commander of Talomo Police Precinct, said Quiñal, a 20-year-old resident of Gov. Ponciano Bangoy, Agdao District, was identified thru an identification card recovered from his wallet.
Lao said intelligence agents of Talomo Police Precinct were conducting a routinary patrol onboard a vehicle in Susana Homes when they noted a man jumping over the fence coming from the inside one of the houses in Block 9 around 3:20 a.m. Monday.
The house was owned by Bob Ang Ilanga, 41, a businessman.
The police officers chased to arrest the suspect.
However, the police claimed, the suspect was armed with a handgun, and he fired twice to the chasing officers.
This prompted the officers to return fire.
Recovered from the suspect’s possession was a .38 caliber pistol with three live ammunition, a black backpack with “can’t get enough” marking that contained a black wallet and cash amounting to P5,100, a flat screw driver, and a set of allen wrench.
The suspect was brought by the police onboard Mobile 23 to Davao Adventist Hospital in Bangkal, Talomo District. He was declared dead on arrival by a certain Dr. Ibañez.
During the body search, authorities found two folded papers containing suspected marijuana dried leaves.
The suspected marijuana dried leaves are now under the custody of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency 11 for examination.
- MG Mall Of Asia joins MG Philippines’ Nationwide Dealership Network, and is the first MG Dealership to feature a unique MG “Carffé” Coffee Shop
- EGALITARIAN | Catching up with our neighbors
- CHEMICAL SPILL | Public warned vs. water activities at Davao River until declared safe
- Kadayawan 3D light show at City Hall starts on Aug. 5
- Ex-DA chief Piñol calls for NFA revival to promote PH banana
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Family album
- ROUGH CUTS | Our hat off the CHO
- SEC cancels Flying Bear’s lending license, registration
- City readies aid to quake victims
- LGU, DOH link to enhance campaign on family planning