A re-elected barangay councilor in Davao del Sur was shot to death by unidentified perpetrators along the national highway near Crossing Gem Village in Hagonoy on Monday around 8:30 p.m.
Chief Insp. Milgrace Driz, spokesperson of the Police Regional Office (PRO XI), identified the victim as Cecilio Ordaneza, an incumbent councilor of Barangay Guihing in Hagonoy.
According to the report, Ordaneza was driving a red Hyundai Eon on his way home to Gemvill when a man, riding a motorcycle, shot him.
The victim sustained multiple gunshot wound, causing his instantaneous death.
Probers are still determining the caliber of the killer’s gun.
Police are looking into various angles, including personal grudge, for the possible motive of the killing.
Driz said they received reports that there is an existing case involving the victim.
Police are also establishing if the victim was involved in illegal activities or some colleagues could have the axe to grind.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories