A re-elected barangay councilor in Davao del Sur was shot to death by unidentified perpetrators along the national highway near Crossing Gem Village in Hagonoy on Monday around 8:30 p.m.
Chief Insp. Milgrace Driz, spokesperson of the Police Regional Office (PRO XI), identified the victim as Cecilio Ordaneza, an incumbent councilor of Barangay Guihing in Hagonoy.
According to the report, Ordaneza was driving a red Hyundai Eon on his way home to Gemvill when a man, riding a motorcycle, shot him.
The victim sustained multiple gunshot wound, causing his instantaneous death.
Probers are still determining the caliber of the killer’s gun.
Police are looking into various angles, including personal grudge, for the possible motive of the killing.
Driz said they received reports that there is an existing case involving the victim.
Police are also establishing if the victim was involved in illegal activities or some colleagues could have the axe to grind.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission