Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief General Oscar Albayalde said he will not hesitate to relieve police commanders who are remiss on their job.
Albayalde warned regional directors, city directors, chiefs of police and station commanders to properly account their personnel, especially in doing their duties, because there are some officers who do not actually perform.
“You may not necessarily be charged administratively but I tell you and I tell you again that you can be relieved from your post,” Albayalde said during his recent visit in Davao.
He said that regional, provincial and city directors and chiefs of police have the most critical responsibility among the officers, as the police performance in the community depends on them.
“I’ll be strict but I’ll be fair,” said Albayalde, adding that there will be a proper investigation before firing out any subordinates.
The PNP top man said he doesn’t expect his directors to go around “but I expect them to at least account for their men.”
Albayalde pointed out the practice of some night duty officers who report to the police station just to sleep and go home after waking up.
“Your life is marvelous,” the top police officer said on sleeping cops. “You’re having a vacation at the station.”
Albayalde said police officers are not paid by the government just to sleep or just texting while in office.
He said police officers on night duty should also do what the day officers are doing.
“Do patrolling. Do checkpoints,” the PNP chief said.
He said the public deserves working police officers.
“We swore to serve and protect,” Albayalde told reporters in a recent interview at Camp Quintin Merecido in Buhangin.
The best thing that police can do to the community, he said, is to maintain peace and order.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market