The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency, together with Mati City Police Station, seized a total of P600,000 worth of dried marijuana leaves along the highway of Barangay Mayo, Mati City just after midnight on Friday.
In a report given by Chief Insp. Milgrace Driz, spokesperson of Police Regional Office (PRO) XI, joint personnel of Mati police, Davao Oriental Police Provincial Office and the PDEA XI conducted the buy-bust operation against Josephine Malintad and Esmadi Malintad around 12:25 a.m.
The two reportedly eluded arrest during the operation. However, the authorities seized 5,000 grams of suspected dried marijuana leaves with fruiting tops. The motorcycle used by the suspects was also impounded.
In a separate interview, Antonio Rivera, director of PDEA XI, said the suspects were considered as a high value target (HVT) because of the volume of seized item.
“If more than 500 grams marijuana, the are already considered as HVT. They are the suppliers of marijuana here in Region XI,” he said.
Rivera said the suspects sensed that they were dealing with PDEA agents so they left behind the motorcycle and ran toward the darkened portion of the area.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1