The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency, together with Mati City Police Station, seized a total of P600,000 worth of dried marijuana leaves along the highway of Barangay Mayo, Mati City just after midnight on Friday.
In a report given by Chief Insp. Milgrace Driz, spokesperson of Police Regional Office (PRO) XI, joint personnel of Mati police, Davao Oriental Police Provincial Office and the PDEA XI conducted the buy-bust operation against Josephine Malintad and Esmadi Malintad around 12:25 a.m.
The two reportedly eluded arrest during the operation. However, the authorities seized 5,000 grams of suspected dried marijuana leaves with fruiting tops. The motorcycle used by the suspects was also impounded.
In a separate interview, Antonio Rivera, director of PDEA XI, said the suspects were considered as a high value target (HVT) because of the volume of seized item.
“If more than 500 grams marijuana, the are already considered as HVT. They are the suppliers of marijuana here in Region XI,” he said.
Rivera said the suspects sensed that they were dealing with PDEA agents so they left behind the motorcycle and ran toward the darkened portion of the area.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission