Foreign investors have continued to get interested in putting up their businesses in the city as a Chinese company expressed its desire to set up a health facility that can offer modern treatment, an official of Davao City Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Inc. (DCCCII).
At the sidelines on chamber’s membership meeting at The Ritz Hotel last Friday, Arturo M. Milan, president of DCCCII, told reporters that there is a China-based company that is exploring to set up a health facility in the city.
The company, he said, is already present in Manila.
“If they would push through in investing here, it would be a benefit for us as they offer modern treatments like cryotherapy,” Milan said.
Apart from the China-based company, he said there is also Japanese firm that bared interest in establishing a hotel and an entertainment-related project. He said the firm is one of the biggest hotel chains in Japan.
“Actually, there are a lot of prospects with foreign companies that wanted to invest in the city. By June, there would be also a group from Malaysia. They are asking us to organize site visits,” Milan said.
He said the business group has collaborated with the Davao City Investment Promotions Center in facilitating the investments.
Milan said the group from Malaysia bared interests to venture in manufacturing and information technology-business process outsourcing projects. He said their planned site visit would be a boon as it could also bolster the current air connectivity.
The city has direct flight to Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia, which is serviced by budget carrier AirAsia.
As of last year, reports cited that there were already foreign investors that bared interest to put up their projects in the city like the Japanese chocolate company, Japanese processer of fruits and vegetables and Korean manufacturer of air-conditioning systems. There were also Chinese and Korean firms that signified intention to put up a railway system in the city. (KMF)
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market