Authorities seized almost P30,000 worth of illegal drugs from a drug surrenderer in a buy-bust operation in Barangay Talomo Proper in Talomo District Saturday night.
The drug enforcement unit of Talomo Police Precinct, led by its station commander Chief Insp. Ronald Lao, arrested Romanito Somalinog Sabando, 31, single, cook and resident of Purok 13, Bliss in Barangay Bago Aplaya, Talomo District.
Lao and his men observed the movement of Sabando after he was linked to the drug trade anew.
In coordination with the regional Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) XI, the Talomo anti-drug operatives conducted the buy-bust on Saturday night.
At around 9 p.m. in Libby Road, Puan where the transaction was agreed, the suspect sold three ziplocked sachets, all containing dried marijuana fruiting tops, to the police officer who posed as a buyer for P3,000.
The officers then made the arrest.
Police seized from the suspect’s possession one black-colored backpack containing 23 ziplocked sachets containing dried marijuana fruiting tops, a plastic sachet containing white crystalline substance believed to be shabu, and one cellphone.
An amount of P3,300 in cash was also taken from his wallet. The marked money was also recovered
The suspect and the drug items, estimated to have a street value of P27,000, are now in the custody of the Talomo Police Precinct for proper disposition.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021