Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Oscar Albayalde has warned hard-headed police officers to shape up or get fired.
“There are still some members and officers that are hard-headed,” Albayalde said in his speech during his Davao visit at the Camp Quitin Merecido, Catitipan on Friday, May 26.
“Hope that you will change…,” the PNP chief said. “(Our) we will not hesitate to remove you in the service.”
Albayalde urged those hard-headed personnel to “transform” to better serve the people.
“Let’s be part of that transformation…” Albayalde said. “This is what the people wants … that we swore to serve and protect.”
He said police officers are not being paid by the government just to text on or after their shift.
Albayalde reminded all the personnel under the Police Regional Office (PRO) XI to be always discipline.
After the speech, Albayalde joined the PRO personnel in the boodle fight held at the multipurpose gym of the police camp.
In the afternoon inside the regional police camp, Albayalde accepted from Amanda Gorely, the Australian ambassador to the Philippines, the equipment and vehicles donated by the Australian government for the Mindanao Area Police Intelligence Office (MAPIO).
The donation is a part of the Australia-Philippine friendship between the Australian Federal Police and the Philippine National Police.
The project is a result of the bilateral discussions between then police chief Ronald dela Rosa and Australian Federal Police Commissioner Andrew Colvin during the ASEANPOL conference in Singapore on Sept. 27, 2017.
The Australian Federal Police have contributed around P12 million to assist MAPIO’s capability and capacity.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021