Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Oscar Albayalde has warned hard-headed police officers to shape up or get fired.
“There are still some members and officers that are hard-headed,” Albayalde said in his speech during his Davao visit at the Camp Quitin Merecido, Catitipan on Friday, May 26.
“Hope that you will change…,” the PNP chief said. “(Our) we will not hesitate to remove you in the service.”
Albayalde urged those hard-headed personnel to “transform” to better serve the people.
“Let’s be part of that transformation…” Albayalde said. “This is what the people wants … that we swore to serve and protect.”
He said police officers are not being paid by the government just to text on or after their shift.
Albayalde reminded all the personnel under the Police Regional Office (PRO) XI to be always discipline.
After the speech, Albayalde joined the PRO personnel in the boodle fight held at the multipurpose gym of the police camp.
In the afternoon inside the regional police camp, Albayalde accepted from Amanda Gorely, the Australian ambassador to the Philippines, the equipment and vehicles donated by the Australian government for the Mindanao Area Police Intelligence Office (MAPIO).
The donation is a part of the Australia-Philippine friendship between the Australian Federal Police and the Philippine National Police.
The project is a result of the bilateral discussions between then police chief Ronald dela Rosa and Australian Federal Police Commissioner Andrew Colvin during the ASEANPOL conference in Singapore on Sept. 27, 2017.
The Australian Federal Police have contributed around P12 million to assist MAPIO’s capability and capacity.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success