Thirty-five motorcycles were impounded during the Oplan Lambat Bitag Sasakyan yesterday afternoon to clear the city of suspected stolen and unregistered vehicles.
Sr. Insp. Maria Teesita Gaspan, spokesperson of Davao City Police Office, said the simultaneous operation started around 2:30 p.m. in Sta. Ana, San Pedro, Talomo, Sasa, Buhangin, Bunawan, Toril, Tugbok, and Calinan.
Gaspan said they confiscated 220 driver’s licenses, impounded 17 single motorcycles, 18 motorcycles with side-car, and issued citation tickets to 111 drivers for various serious traffic violations.
The impounded vehicles were endorsed to Traffic Group for proper disposition. The joint operation ended around 5:30 p.m. on the same day.
Also joining the joint operation was were the Task Force Davao, Land Transportation Office, Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board, City Transport and Traffic Management Office, and Regional Mobile Force Battalion.
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized