Thirty-five motorcycles were impounded during the Oplan Lambat Bitag Sasakyan yesterday afternoon to clear the city of suspected stolen and unregistered vehicles.
Sr. Insp. Maria Teesita Gaspan, spokesperson of Davao City Police Office, said the simultaneous operation started around 2:30 p.m. in Sta. Ana, San Pedro, Talomo, Sasa, Buhangin, Bunawan, Toril, Tugbok, and Calinan.
Gaspan said they confiscated 220 driver’s licenses, impounded 17 single motorcycles, 18 motorcycles with side-car, and issued citation tickets to 111 drivers for various serious traffic violations.
The impounded vehicles were endorsed to Traffic Group for proper disposition. The joint operation ended around 5:30 p.m. on the same day.
Also joining the joint operation was were the Task Force Davao, Land Transportation Office, Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board, City Transport and Traffic Management Office, and Regional Mobile Force Battalion.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market