Thirty-five motorcycles were impounded during the Oplan Lambat Bitag Sasakyan yesterday afternoon to clear the city of suspected stolen and unregistered vehicles.
Sr. Insp. Maria Teesita Gaspan, spokesperson of Davao City Police Office, said the simultaneous operation started around 2:30 p.m. in Sta. Ana, San Pedro, Talomo, Sasa, Buhangin, Bunawan, Toril, Tugbok, and Calinan.
Gaspan said they confiscated 220 driver’s licenses, impounded 17 single motorcycles, 18 motorcycles with side-car, and issued citation tickets to 111 drivers for various serious traffic violations.
The impounded vehicles were endorsed to Traffic Group for proper disposition. The joint operation ended around 5:30 p.m. on the same day.
Also joining the joint operation was were the Task Force Davao, Land Transportation Office, Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board, City Transport and Traffic Management Office, and Regional Mobile Force Battalion.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission