Davao Region placed third among the top carabao-producing regions in the first quarter, which improved a notch higher compared with its year ago standing, data from Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) bared.
Data from PSA bared that Davao Region’s carabao production reached to 2,586 metric tons as of the first quarter, which increased from 2,567 metric tons in the same period last year. The region’s ranking improved from ranking as fourth in the first quarter last year.
Western Visayas continued to retain its spot as the frontrunner with 6,009 metric tons followed by Ilocos Region with 2,623 metric tons in January to March.
“These (top) three regions contributed 35.98 percent to the country’s total carabao production,” PSA said in a statement released on Tuesday. Throughout the country, the total carabao production in the first quarter reached 31,182 metric tons.
As of the first quarter, PSA recorded that there were 155,762 Carabaos in Davao Region, which slightly decreased from 160, 519 in the same period last year.
Throughout the country, the agency reported that carabao inventory increased to 2.882 million heads as of the first three months of the year, which increased by 0.03% in the same period last year.
“The top three regions with highest inventory of carabao were Bicol Region, Western Visayas, and Cagayan Valley. These regions shared 29.32 percent of the country’s total carabao inventory,” PSA said.
“On average, farmgate price of carabao for slaughter increased by 11.85% in the first quarter of 2018. The recorded price of P92.85 was higher by P9.84 from its previous year’s quotation of P83.01 per kilogram, liveweight,” PSA said. (KMF)
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success