A 19-year-old boy who claimed to be a member of the New People’s Army surrendered to the 67th Infantry Battalion in Cateel, Davao Oriental following the apprehension of Elizalde Canete, one of their top NPA leaders.
Capt. Jerry Lamosao, the spokesperson of 10th Infantry Division, identified him alias Adi, member of Abe Primera, Section Committee 20, Southern Mindanao Regional Command, and a resident of Barangay Mainit, Cateel.
Lamosao said Morales surrendered without a gun at the headquarters of 67th IB in Barangay Mainit, Cateel.
Initial investigation revealed that Adi joined the group on Dec. 27, 2016 in Sitio Bangas, Mainit. He escaped from the group on May 16 in Barangay Pamaypayan, Bislig City upon knowing that an NPA leader, Ka Jinggoy, was arrested.
Adi was brought to 67th IB headquarters in Barangay Salingcomot, Baganga for custodial debriefing.
Meanwhile, in his statement, Maj. Gen. Noel S Clement, commander of the 10th ID, said, “We send a clear message to the NPAs out there to surrender now.”
- MG Mall Of Asia joins MG Philippines’ Nationwide Dealership Network, and is the first MG Dealership to feature a unique MG “Carffé” Coffee Shop
- EGALITARIAN | Catching up with our neighbors
- CHEMICAL SPILL | Public warned vs. water activities at Davao River until declared safe
- Kadayawan 3D light show at City Hall starts on Aug. 5
- Ex-DA chief Piñol calls for NFA revival to promote PH banana
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Family album
- ROUGH CUTS | Our hat off the CHO
- SEC cancels Flying Bear’s lending license, registration
- City readies aid to quake victims
- LGU, DOH link to enhance campaign on family planning