A 19-year-old boy who claimed to be a member of the New People’s Army surrendered to the 67th Infantry Battalion in Cateel, Davao Oriental following the apprehension of Elizalde Canete, one of their top NPA leaders.
Capt. Jerry Lamosao, the spokesperson of 10th Infantry Division, identified him alias Adi, member of Abe Primera, Section Committee 20, Southern Mindanao Regional Command, and a resident of Barangay Mainit, Cateel.
Lamosao said Morales surrendered without a gun at the headquarters of 67th IB in Barangay Mainit, Cateel.
Initial investigation revealed that Adi joined the group on Dec. 27, 2016 in Sitio Bangas, Mainit. He escaped from the group on May 16 in Barangay Pamaypayan, Bislig City upon knowing that an NPA leader, Ka Jinggoy, was arrested.
Adi was brought to 67th IB headquarters in Barangay Salingcomot, Baganga for custodial debriefing.
Meanwhile, in his statement, Maj. Gen. Noel S Clement, commander of the 10th ID, said, “We send a clear message to the NPAs out there to surrender now.”
- Duterte limits use of face shields to ‘closed, crowded’ areas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- World Vision launches this year’s #GirlsCan movement to empower and support Filipino girls
- ALS Unit formed
- ROUGH CUTS | Longing for sustainable change?
- OFFICIAL | Digital vax certificates needed vs bogus cards
- Quiboloy threatens to run for president if…
- SEC launches 1-day online firm registration
- Davao Light acquires Safety Seal Certification
- Celebrate chocolate with SM Snack Exchange