A 19-year-old boy who claimed to be a member of the New People’s Army surrendered to the 67th Infantry Battalion in Cateel, Davao Oriental following the apprehension of Elizalde Canete, one of their top NPA leaders.
Capt. Jerry Lamosao, the spokesperson of 10th Infantry Division, identified him alias Adi, member of Abe Primera, Section Committee 20, Southern Mindanao Regional Command, and a resident of Barangay Mainit, Cateel.
Lamosao said Morales surrendered without a gun at the headquarters of 67th IB in Barangay Mainit, Cateel.
Initial investigation revealed that Adi joined the group on Dec. 27, 2016 in Sitio Bangas, Mainit. He escaped from the group on May 16 in Barangay Pamaypayan, Bislig City upon knowing that an NPA leader, Ka Jinggoy, was arrested.
Adi was brought to 67th IB headquarters in Barangay Salingcomot, Baganga for custodial debriefing.
Meanwhile, in his statement, Maj. Gen. Noel S Clement, commander of the 10th ID, said, “We send a clear message to the NPAs out there to surrender now.”
- GUEST EDITORIAL | A tribute to Fr. Swamy
- PARADIGM SHIFT | A New Geopolitical Paradigm Between Iran and China
- ROUGH CUTS | We need to restrain our ‘horses’
- COVID vaccination hotlines to receive calls from seniors
- 5 NPA rebels surrender in SK
- 2 nabbed for illegal substances
- MEDICAL LEAVE | Mayor Duterte in Singapore
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 8, 2021
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 7, 2021
- NCCC offers more ways to shop online