Fice soldiers of the 46th Infantry Battalion were wounded after their vehicle was hit by an improvised explosive device at around 10:55 p.m. in Sitio Patawon, Barangay Cabuyuan, Mabini, Compostela Valley on Monday, May 21.
Meanwhile, an improvised explosive device (IED) was recovered by the 46th IB following a clash in the same barangay around 1:30 p.m. of the same day.
Capt. Jerry Lamosao, the spokesperson of 10th Infantry Division, said a squad was conducting a reconnaissance patrol when they encounter members of the Guerrilla Front 2, Sub-Regional Command 2, Southern Mindanao Regional Committee (SMRC).
The firefight lasted for about five minutes with no casualty on the government side.
The troops recovered one IED with estimated 50 meters wire at the encounter site.
On the same day, around 10:55 p.m. soldiers were ordered to establish a blocking position on Km. 15, Cabuyoan, Mabini, were hit by an IED blast at the vicinity of Sitio Patawon, Barangay Cabuyoan.
Lamosao said the group that possibly laid the IED were Milisyang Bayan members led by alias Janu of Guerrilla Front 2. All the wounded were already in stable condition.
Personnel of the Mabini Municipal Police Station and the AFP conducted a follow-up investigation of the incident and for the possible apprehension of those who fled.
- Security forces support Baste leading RPOC XI
- Davao City jail opens mini-library
- Optimized security
- 3 arrested for drugs, unlicensed gun at checkpoint
- The New Channel: Always looking for the next highlighting its social advocacy, Global Women Who RULE 2023
- AirAsia Philippines records 95% increase in March bookings
- CDRRMO rates quake drill response at 8 or 9
- 174 PDLs test negative in random jail drug test
- UM founder to be honored by CPAs
- Classes canceled