Fice soldiers of the 46th Infantry Battalion were wounded after their vehicle was hit by an improvised explosive device at around 10:55 p.m. in Sitio Patawon, Barangay Cabuyuan, Mabini, Compostela Valley on Monday, May 21.
Meanwhile, an improvised explosive device (IED) was recovered by the 46th IB following a clash in the same barangay around 1:30 p.m. of the same day.
Capt. Jerry Lamosao, the spokesperson of 10th Infantry Division, said a squad was conducting a reconnaissance patrol when they encounter members of the Guerrilla Front 2, Sub-Regional Command 2, Southern Mindanao Regional Committee (SMRC).
The firefight lasted for about five minutes with no casualty on the government side.
The troops recovered one IED with estimated 50 meters wire at the encounter site.
On the same day, around 10:55 p.m. soldiers were ordered to establish a blocking position on Km. 15, Cabuyoan, Mabini, were hit by an IED blast at the vicinity of Sitio Patawon, Barangay Cabuyoan.
Lamosao said the group that possibly laid the IED were Milisyang Bayan members led by alias Janu of Guerrilla Front 2. All the wounded were already in stable condition.
Personnel of the Mabini Municipal Police Station and the AFP conducted a follow-up investigation of the incident and for the possible apprehension of those who fled.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market