Cagayan de Oro City will host this year’s National Developers Convention, an event jointly organized by the national government and housing developers.
In a statement, the Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council (HUDCC) said the national convention will be conducted on September 13 and 14. Both the council and Subdivision and Housing Developers Association (SHDA) signed a memorandum of agreement Monday, May 21, to stage the event.
The event’s theme for this year is “Roadmap to BALAI (Building Adequate, Livable, Affordable and Inclusive Filipino Communities) 2028.” This is aimed to bridge the housing gap in the country.
Last year, the national convention, spearheaded by SHDA in partnership with HUDCC, was conducted in Makati City, where the subdivision and housing developers vowed to be partners of the national government to attain inclusive growth.
The association of the developers in cooperation with Center for Research and Communication crafted a roadmap, citing that the housing need can reach 12.5 million by 2030.
From 2012 up to 2030, SHDA earlier reported that the total new need is an average of 345,941 housing units per year. The association also estimated that the housing backlog would reach to 6.546 million by 2030 from 3.919 million as 2011.
SHDA, formerly named as Subdivision Owners Association of the Philippines Inc., was formed in 1970.
“Through the years, SHDA has been true to its mission and has performed very well as a real estate and housing industry organization, with chapters in Davao for Southern Mindanao, Cagayan de Oro for Northern Mindanao, Zamboanga for Western Mindanao, Bacolod, Cebu, Iloilo, Leyte, Lucena and Pampanga for Central Luzon,” SHDA said in a statement.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WRITING DETOURS | Confessions of a Fortnite virgin
- ROUGH CUTS | Were they neophyte traffic law enforcers?
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher
- 858 affected workers apply for government financial aid
- PSC says yes to Tokyo Olympics budget from POC
- Go Negosyo, PCCI, OCTA Research join hands to push population protection
- DOLE-Davao hosts virtual job fair
- NPA rebel killed in Misamis clash
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Shot again