Two more members of the New People’s Army surrendered to the Balik Loob Assistance Center (BLAC) of the 1001st Infantry Brigade on Monday in Maco, Compostela Valley.
Capt. Edson Abello, civil-military operations officer, identified them as alias Jokjok, 19, and alias Jords, 30, residents of Maco and members of the Guerrilla Front 2, Sub Regional Committee 2 of the Southern Mindanao Regional Committee.
They also brought with them an M16 rifle and a caliber .45 pistol.
According to the former rebels, they were recruited by alias Alex, political instructor, and alias Mcdel/Rashid, commanding officer, both under GF2, in March 2018 with the promise that it will improve their lives.
Shown in the records of the brigade, there were already 6,651 rebel returnees, both regular NPA members and supporters, since January 2019.
Brig. Gen. Gilbert Saret, commander of 1001st Infantry Brigade, said the continuing incidents of surrenders manifest the true sentiments of the rebels.
“Similarly, this exhibits their trust and confidence on the government’s sincere and genuine reform program,” the Brigade Commander said.
- WANDERLUST | Grand Land Davao property wins awards
- Robinsons Bank Simplé Savings named as Best Financial Inclusion Program
- Salugpongan school closure one of major events of 2019
- Editorial | Moving forward despite COVID-19
- 360 police officers punished
- Cultural Potpourri: Seda’s Valentine “Eat with Love”
- 67% COMPLIANCE | 200 submitted valid COVID-19 test results on the first day of the implementation of the law
- Rough Cuts | What went wrong?
- Salubong, Reuniting Filipinos everywhere this Christmas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day