A student and his companion were arrested in a buy-bust operation conducted in Kawayan Drive, Matina Crossing on Saturday evening.
Brig. Gen. Marcelo C. Morales, the regional police director, identified the suspects as Erwin Cajuelan Rubia, 26, student, a resident of Purok 4, New Matina Gravahan, and Jay Adrian Condonar, 24, unemployed and a resident of Alvaran Street.
Based on the report, at around 4:10 p.m. of June 29, personnel of City Drug Enforcement Unit of the Davao City Police Office conducted the operation against the two suspects.
Recovered from them were four sachets containing alleged shabu; one rolled paper containing dried marijuana leaves with fruiting tops; Marlboro cigarette box; one improvised glass tube with suspected shabu residue; one rolled aluminum foil with suspected shabu residue; and a Samsung phone.
Also confiscated were P1,500 cash and a VIVO cellular phone.
The confiscated dangerous drugs had a value of more or less P20,000.
“The buy bust operation conducted were due to reports from our intel assets that they were actually using and selling illegal drugs in their AOR (area of responsibility),” Morales said.
The suspects are now under the custody of the DCPO as they face a case for violation of R.A. 9165.
- Bong Go: 2 escapee soldiers deserve awards
- Brainstorm: The Next Generation | Police power
- P2-M worth of rare timber intercepted at Davao airport
- Rough Cuts | Inadvertently forgotten?
- Davao Skate Park to open March 15
- Level your drive with the new Toyota Vios
- Tessera Sparkling Diamonds for Christmas
- Reflections |Significance of Being Datu Bago Awardee
- Screen Shots | And the best films of 2019… are not in the Oscars
- Wanderlust | Rising above the challenges