An alleged attacker was killed when his target fought back in a stabbing incident that settled a long-running feud in Barangay Calinan Proper, Calinan District on Saturday evening.
Police identified the victim as Adonis Sarsale, 30, a laborer, and the target-turned-suspect as Fredie Millona, 25, a construction worker.
Both are neighbors in Purok 25, Teachers Village, Calinan Proper.
Initial investigation disclosed that Millona was playing a game inside an internet shop when Sarsale arrived 9:30 p.m. on Saturday.
Without any warning, Sarsale stabbed Millona on his right chest using a knife.
However, Millona survived and retaliated.
He pulled the knife from his chest and stabbed Sarsale twice.
Sarsale, the attacker, died, while Millona is now under treatment at Southern Philippines Medical Center.
According to their neighbors, both were involved in a heated confrontation early this month. Both were scheduled for mediation at the barangay hall of Brgy. Calinan Proper.
Millona is expected to face appropriate cases after his recovery.
By Lolit M. Sagandoy/UM Intern
- Mom in her kitchen. See what’s cooking, too!
- ROUGH CUTS | These rumor mongers
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 6, 2021
- Rough Cuts | No need to find alibis
- Police, victims, and a call for change
- SCENE CITY | Verdeli opens as newest destination in Malagos
- DCPO recognized as best police office
- 59 communist guerrillas surrender since January
- Scene City | Quarantine is a blessing in disguise
- President urged: Cancel franchise of electric coop