The City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (CDRRMO) and the Valencia City Police Station reported damage on buildings after a magnitude 5.9 earthquake hit the province on Monday evening.
The Initial reports are as follows:
• The Esther Hospital, located along Sayre Highway, Lumbo, Valencia City, incurred cracks on walls. The Patients were evacuated outdoors and then advised to return inside the hospital at around 12:30 a.m. All patients in other high-rise hospitals (Adventist Medical Center and Valencia Medical Hospital) were evacuated, but also returned inside at around 12:30 a.m.
• Two houses, one in Barangay Tugaya and one in Barangay Laligan (abandoned), sustained partial damage. The walls collapsed, but no one was injured.
• Lumbo Elementary School in Valencia, Bukidnon incurred cracks on classroom walls.
• Sinabuagan Elementary School has minor cracks on classroom walls.
• Tongan-Tongan Elementsry School incurred cracks on the walls in its admin building
Valencia City Mayor Azucena Hurrvas declared suspension of classes in all levels. The assessment of the entire city is ongoing with the coordination of the local government and the CDRRMO.
The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) revealed that the magnitude 5.9 tectonic earthquake was centered six kilometers northwest of Kadingilan in Bukidnon Province at 9:22 p.m. on Monday.
The earthquake was felt at intensity 5 in Kidapawan City and intensity 4 in Davao City and Cotabato City.