Ten more former convicts released under the Good Conduct Time Allowance (GCTA) program surrendered to the Davao City Police Office.
“We have around 36 on the list, and 10 of which surrendered. 26 na lang ginapaabot to surrender,” Capt. Nolan Tagsip, spokesperson of Davao City Police Office (DCPO), said.
For now, he said, they are just waiting on these former inmates to surrender as they couldn’t actively go after them.
“We receive a directive from the higher headquarters, that is to hold the manhunt operations for the purpose of reconciling our records,” he said, adding that the names on their list might have already surrendered in other regions.
The Department of Justice and the Philippine National Police Headquarters are in the process of reconciling the records to come up with the final list of names. They will then be the subject of a nationwide manhunt operation.
He also added that although the deadline issued by President Duterte for them to surrender has already lapsed, they are still encouraging them to surrender.
“Just go to the nearest police station. When you surrender, we will check your documents as GCTA recipient of the Bureau of Correction or Bureau of Jail Management and Penology,” he said.
The Police Regional Office XI was provided with 76 names who were released under the GCTA.
“We do not know if there were some who already transferred (to another address),” Maj. Jason Baria, spokesperson of PRO XI, previously told TIMES.
Baria reiterated that after 15 days, those who did not surrender will be declared fugitives. The deadline is Sept. 19. Some of them were released since October 10, 2013.
“So probably this will be an additional case for them,” he said. “We are also considering, if they will surrender after 15 days depending on the case. They would rather have these people volunteer to go to the police station. With a report from Grace Saron