Dodong Vertudazo conquered the treacherous trail of the Salomon Xtrail 2019 recently.
Vertudazo emerged as the victor in the 30-kilometer distance of the event which featured 70 degrees of elevation, knee-high stream traverse, downhill rappel and muddy path as organizers said the event is the toughest trail race in the Davao Region.
The 47-year-old Vertudazo crossed the finished line with a time of 3 hours and 58 minutes with Buddy Yparraguirre coming in second and Arlilito Cabrera third.
In the female category for the same distance, topping the race was Mariel Cantila, followed by Robelyn Baya and a third was Noemi Andrea Galeos.
In the 15-kilometer distance, winner in the male category was Paul Zafico, followed by Earl Justine Paraldo at second and Dante Desierto at third; while in the female category Cherrylyn Javellana emerged as first placer with Zarah Mae Gaum and Mary Joy Parocha, coming in second and third, respectively.
Organizers said about 330 participants joined the event both in the 15-kilometer and 30-kilometer categories.
Salomon Xtrail was powered by ROX, Sea-to-Summit, Barangay Waan, Kabalikat Radio, Anytime Fitness, Davao Adventure X and Everest Outdoors. CQF
- Gawilan formalizes Tokyo Paralmpics bid
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 7,300 CASES FILED | City pursues charge vs violators of COVID-19 health protocols
- Air assets on standby to help LGUs send supplies, vaccines
- DOH XI | No new variant in Mati City
- KISSA AND DAWAT | Merit-based selection: Can it be done?
- TURNING POINT | Bubble herd immunity
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | To vaccine or not
- ROUGH CUTS | Where ‘deception’ makes good strategy
- URC weathers difficult times with its people-first approach