A campaign manager of a Davao del Norte politician caught with drug paraphernalia was transferred to Esperanza Municipal Police Station in Agusan del Sur to face the three pending cases against him since 2013.
Maj. Noel Villahermosa, the commander of Bunawan Police Station, said in a phone interview yesterday said that Kelly Muñez Delgado, 39, a resident of IFI compound, F. Torres Street, Barangay 9-A, Davao City, was already transferred to on Wednesday.
Delgado was arrested after an improvised tooter was allegedly found in his possession while he was passing through the joint Task Force Davao and Bunawan police checkpoint on Saturday morning.
“After the cases of theft and for violation of Comelec gun ban was filed against him on Monday he then posted bail for P40,000,” Villahermosa said.
“However, we can’t release him yet since he has three existing warrants of arrest issued by the Regional Trial Court in Bayugan, Agusan del sur, ” he added.
Capt. Maria Theresita Gaspan, the spokesperson of Davao City Police Office, said his cases were multiple murder on Aug. 15 ,2013, grave threat on March 9, 2014, and ars0n on Aug. 15, 2013.
Col. Consolito Yecla, the commander of the Task Force Davao, said that Task Group Lawin, led by Staff Sgt. Marlon Enga and the Bunawan police, led by Maj. Noel Villahermosa, were conducting checkpoint operations in Sitio Licanan, Barangay Lasang, Bunawan District.
They caught the suspect, who also claimed to be a member of progressive group, Karapatan, for 10 years before working as a campaign manager for the unnamed politician.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission