fbpx Press "Enter" to skip to content

P200,000 damage in boarding house blaze

An Eight-room boarding house was razed by a fire at Mahogani Street, S.I.R. Phase 1 at 3:02 p.m. on Wednesday.

Senior Fire Officer 2 Ramil Gillado, the chief investigator of the Bureau of Fire and Protection XI, said the two-story building was owned by Noemi Najera.

“The second floor, made of light materials with eight rooms and fully occupied, was totally damaged by the fire, while the ground floor which was made of semi-concrete materials with two rooms had incurred water damage only,” Gillado said.

He said the origin of the fire was the overheating rice cooker at the second floor, particularly at the kitchen area.

The fire was already under control at 3:18 p.m. and a fire-out was declared around 3:30 p.m.

There was no reported casualty during the fire. The Bureau of Fire estimated the damage of the fire at P200,000.

Share this post:
error
Facebook
Facebook
Twitter
Visit Us
Instagram
RSS