A police officer assigned at the Sulop municipal police station was arrested by his colleagues during a manhunt operation yesterday morning in Digos City, Davao del Sur.
Chief Insp. Milgrace Driz, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office (PRO) XI, said PO1 Al Camporedondo, 36, was arrested based on a warrant for violation of RA 9262 (the special law that defines acts of violence against women and their children).
Judge Carmelita Davin of Regional Trial Court Branch 19 in Digos City issued the warrant.
Driz said the suspect was arrested through the manhunt operation conducted by Digos city police station in Jose Abad Santos, Zone 3, Digos City at 10:48 a.m. yesterday.
But Camporedondo was immediately released yesterday after posting a P24,000 bail.
Driz said Camporedondo’s wife and complainant went home to Bicol following a spat with her policeman-husband.
- Gawilan formalizes Tokyo Paralmpics bid
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 7,300 CASES FILED | City pursues charge vs violators of COVID-19 health protocols
- Air assets on standby to help LGUs send supplies, vaccines
- DOH XI | No new variant in Mati City
- KISSA AND DAWAT | Merit-based selection: Can it be done?
- TURNING POINT | Bubble herd immunity
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | To vaccine or not
- ROUGH CUTS | Where ‘deception’ makes good strategy
- URC weathers difficult times with its people-first approach